Times are tough now and we can safe every cent, right? My husband and I have made so many mistakes when it comes to saving money on grocery shopping and I don’t want you to fall in the same trap.
Here is what I have learned so far:
- Plan ahead, way ahead. Plan your menu and write down your grocery list along with it.
- Buy meat in bulk (if you are not vegan) at a local butcher instead of buying little bits and having to spend a lot more. You are likely to get a discount from the butcher.
- Work around meals that are within your budget.
- Learn to “make take out” instead of buying it.
- Use those rewards cards you have in your purse. All those swipes adds up and you will be surprised how much money you accumulated.
- Take your own shopping bags, yes it is not much money that you will spend but adding up all those bags at the end of the month could have earned you a packet of gluten free pasta. You are also contributing to saving our beautiful planet (wink-wink).
- Have a “breakfast for dinner night”. Not only is it delicious, but you will also save time and money.
- If you can, cook foods that is meal prep and freezer friendly. Once again, it saves time and money.
- Put lunch in for work, instead of buying (leftover dinners are always a winner).
- Try to make your own cleaning products as far as possible. Not only will you save a trip to the shop. You will save money and it is environment friendly.
Authentic Mom xoxo